Sunday, November 22, 2015

Feedback from my Halloween Story

My previous post described a memory when I was 6 years of age.  I recall seeing the image or shape of a woman dressed in black standing at or near the doorway of my bedroom. This all coming from my peripheral vision.

Despite my memory of the event being "vivid", I did state that there were logical explanations that could account for the image.  As strange as the image was, I hold that there were plenty of external influences that could have shaped a young boy's imagination.

Back in the early 1960s, television content and programming was rife with such mental vehicles:  Twilight Zone, the Outer Limits and Thriller, just to name a few.  Of course the culture (Cajun) that I grew up in was inundated with supernatural themes, superstitions and folklore so this could have been a catalyst.    

I had originally posted the story on my Facebook page and received some interesting comments.  Especially from my wife:

"Glad you never told me that story....or anyone else....especially in the neuro field you work in. Sorry, I bet wild and vivid imagination, watching TV too much."

And that's why I never told her the story.  Nothing like having your better half weighing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment